Thursday, October 31, 2013

Speak final Assignment (kyle)

Speak Final Assesment

1.) One time when i was in a baseball game i was on second and my inner voice was telling me to go steal but my outer voice was saying not to steal. This wasnt due to peer pressure. I didnt go beacause i deceided that the catcher had a good arm. I felt that if i did go then i would get out. But if i went and made it i would be ninety feet away from scoring. The catcher had thrown people out earlier in the game and i didnt want to become apart of the thrown out club. I chose not to steel third because if i got thrown out i would end the inning. Later that inning the batter got out on strike three. This made me regret not stealing. I regreted this because something else could have happened if i stole. But we ended up winning the game so in the long run i couldnt regret what i did because we won. I didnt change my mind beacuse of peer pressure i would say i changed my mind by not wanting to stand out by getting thrown out. If it was a good way of standing out i wouldnt of cared.

2.) A time when my inner and outer voice were in harmony was when i had a homework assignment and i didnt want to do it. I was thinking that i wasnt going to do it. I knew that if i didnt do it , it would bring my grade down. I had so many activities that i had done and still had to do that i was so tired and didnt want to do it. It was a social studies assignment which makes the situation so much worse. To me social studies is my hardest class. If it was any other class i probably wouldnt have had a problem. I already had a bad grade so i knew i had to do the assignment. i was being what is called a procrastinator. This means that i knew i had to get something done but was putting it off till the very last minute. The moment i grabbed my paper in anger and said i have to do this. So i did do the paper. I agreed with my inner voice and outer voice. This was a time when my inner voice and my outer voice was in harmony. This means that i agreed with my to voices.

3.a.) In the book SPEAK Melinda is in art class and she is thinking all these things but she is not saying them.
Mr. Neck: “ We meet again”.
Me:
Would he listen to “ I need to go home and change,” or “ Did you see what that bozo did”? Not a chance. I keep my mouth shut.
Mr. Neck: “ Where do you think You’re going?”
Me:
It is easier not to say anything. Shut your trap, button your lip, can it. All that crap you hear on TV about communication and expressing feelings is a lie. Nobody really wants to hear what you have to say. (pg. 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment